Shades of purple mini postage stamp brooches - opt for a single pin or a cluster of 3 in a tonal combination. You can even choose an alternative colour family, if you prefer! Made by upcycling real vintage stamps from the UK, these mini brooches (or lapel pins) are the perfect accessory for any postal obsessive. The simple, elegant design showcases a fragment of the classic Machin definitive which has been issued in a rainbow of colours since the 1960s up to the present day. A fun and unique gift for anybody who loves stamps, preserving a genuine fragment of postal history in a piece of easily wearable art. Please read on for full details:
SINGLE OR SET
• Choose a single pin and you will receive a mini brooch made using one of the tonal shades of purple shown in photos (or whichever colour family you select)
• If you have a strong preference for light, mid or dark colour tone, please include a note at checkout
• OR Choose a set of 3 co-ordinating pins, and receive one each of the tonal trio shown
• Both singles & sets are presented in a tiny tin, perfect for gifting & storage
• A real used vintage stamp is encapsulated in each brooch casing
• Postmark placement etc will vary every time, so every single brooch is utterly unique
• The iconic design was created by Arnold Machin and has been issued in a wide range of colours since the 1960s
• Please note that the stamp edges are trimmed off to fit the circular aperture
• Each brooch is made to order once you have selected your colour theme
• The 'frame' measures 2cm diameter (approx. 3/4 of an inch). The 'window' diameter is approx. 1.7cm.
• The stamp is trimmed to size by hand then pressed into the secure brooch casing. It is an entirely handmade process!
• The circular frame is made of a sturdy silver plated metal substrate
• The stamp is protected behind a durable, transparent acrylic 'window'
• The pin is fastened at the back with a butterfly grip (pic 3) so you can easily use it to decorate lapels, bags, or any other item you choose!
• Each single brooch is packaged in an individual circular tin with a window in the lid
• Each set of 3 brooches is packaged inside a tiny tin that can be used for future storage as well as gifting:
- Tin is decorated with a print from one of my original postage stamp collages. The print colours will match the colour theme of your set.
- Made of tinplate metal with hinged lid, and measures just 5 x 8 x 1.6cm (approx. 2" x 3.1" x 0.6") - a very handy size for storing all kinds of small office bits & pieces.
• Giving as a gift? Browse my range of blank-inside cards, perfect for any occasion! https://www.tanglecrafts.com/shop/10026209/any-occasion-notecards
Many old postage stamps are discarded by philatelists due to minor faults, or even just for being too 'common'! I have amassed a huge collection of stamps this way for use in my collage artwork. A lot of the stamps are so striking individually that they truly warrant appreciation on a wider level, so framing these little artworks one by one - with the added bonus of practical functionality! - gives each the chance for a new lease of life. Rescued from old, unwanted albums otherwise destined for landfill. these stamps speak to the soul.
Matching Machin notebooks & address books: https://www.tanglecrafts.com/search?q=machin+notebook
Postage stamp keyrings are also available: https://www.tanglecrafts.com/search?q=keyring
Are you looking for a keyring made with a stamp from a particular country, year, or colour?
Please contact me to discuss a special order. Custom requests are welcome; or visit my shop for a wide range of original postage stamp artwork and philatelic gift ideas:
1-3 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you will provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a personalised order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I will only use the information you provide as required to complete your order, or to provide customer support should the future need arise.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
I will only share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases, as described below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Su Mwamba, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at tanglecraftshq
[AT] gmail.com. Alternatively, you may send written correspondence to me at: PO Box 130, Derby DE23 6HL, UK.
Custom orders & commissions are very welcome! Simply click on the 'Request Custom Order' button or 'Contact Shop Owner' on the shop homepage, to discuss your requirements.
Choose your favourite colours, a different size, and/or stamps from a particular region. I can also add a custom date 'postmark' and/or a hand-stamped, personalised message (additional fees may apply to some customisation options).
Notebooks are available in sizes from A6 to B5, and framed artwork (with or without matting) from A6 to A1. Prices & shipping vary according to dimensions and weight.
PLEASE NOTE items customised with specific personalisation (therefore not re-saleable) do not qualify for return unless damaged.
Wholesale prices are available for volume orders.
Discounts vary by item & minimum order quantities apply.
One-off print-runs of printed designs can be arranged upon request.
For a quote, please contact me with your requirements.
Please see individual listings for stated despatch times, or contact me for a quote if requesting a larger custom order. You will always be contacted in the case of any unforeseen delay in despatch of your order.
As a general guide to processing times:
- ready-to-ship items will be despatched within 3 days
- smaller custom orders within 5-7 working days
- larger custom orders will be proportionally longer
I aim to despatch all orders promptly, but please order in plenty of time if you require something for a specific date. If you are outside of the UK, please err on the side of caution and allow at least a month in addition to processing times listed per item.
Unless an upgrade is purchased at checkout, your order will be delivered by:
- 1st class post within the UK (usually 1-2 working days)
- Standard Airmail to any overseas destination (usually 7-14 working days)
Please note, delivery times can be longer at certain times of year (eg Christmas) when general volumes of post are higher.
Unfortunately there can occasionally be unforeseen delays within the various postal services, at any time of year. This is the exception rather than the rule, but please do allow up to a month for overseas delivery, before assuming lost.
Please contact me if you are worried about your delivery.
Please note, tracking is NOT included as standard with any order, due to the services offered by the Royal Mail. Proof of Posting is obtained for all items shipped.
For extra peace of mind, a shipping upgrade is available at checkout on most items, for an additional fee.
- Within UK, upgrade option is 1st class Signed-For delivery, which requires signature on delivery, but does not include tracking. Special Delivery (including tracking) can be arranged upon request, but will be subject to an additional £5 charge.
- Outside UK, upgrade option is Tracked & Signed delivery, which includes both tracking and signature on delivery. Tracked-only (signature not required) can be arranged upon request, for the same delivery upgrade cost.
Please contact me if you have not received your order within the expected timeframe (see above). I will be happy to either send a replacement or refund item costs, as necessary.
If your order has arrived but has been damaged in transit, please contact me as soon as you can to explain what has happened. I will request a photo of the damaged item, then each case will be assessed individually. Either a replacement item or partial refund or full refund will be issued, depending upon circumstances and extent of damage.
Please accept my apologies for any errors in item listing! Please contact me with the details as soon as possible following receipt. I may request a photo to confirm where the issue lies.
If an item has been incorrectly described, I will reimburse return postage and issue a full refund of original purchase price upon receipt of the returned item.
If an incorrect item has been sent in error, I will reimburse return postage and send replacement item upon receipt of the returned item.
Items must be returned within 30 days, in original, re-saleable condition, to qualify for refund or exchange.
If you are simply not happy with your order, for any reason, please contact me before taking any further action. Items may be returned within 30 days, as long as you have first contacted me.
Return postage cost is responsibility of buyer. I will issue a full refund of original purchase cost, upon receipt of the returned item. Items must be returned in original, re-saleable condition to qualify for refund.
PLEASE NOTE made-to-order items may still be returned, but items customised with specific personalisation (therefore not re-saleable) do not qualify for return unless damaged.