A5 TRAVEL JOURNAL / TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK
Original Vintage Postage Stamp Collage Art
Your choice of colours & countries!
This unique journal is the perfect way for travellers (or armchair travellers!) to store their memories, or would make a great gift for any geography or history buff, any stamp collector or letter writer, or any creative dreamer at all to preserve their thoughts and ideas. A one-of-a-kind notebook will be collaged just for you, with either a randomly eclectic selection of world stamps, or with stamps from a country or region that holds special significance to you - perhaps family history, or honeymoon memories, or recapturing any connections you like.
With its wonderfully eclectic, bohemian feel, travelling through time and across continents, this journal encapsulates so many untold stories and faded colours that it cannot help but capture the imagination!
* Front cover features original collage of vintage postage stamps in your choice of colours (pictures shown are examples only)
* For a small extra fee your collage can feature stamps from a specific country or region, to further personalise your gift
* A5 size = 14.8cm x 21cm = 5.8 x 8.3 inches
* 48 pages of ruled recycled paper (or let me know at checkout if you prefer dot grid, squared, or plain paper)
* Kraft cardstock covers
* Handy any-year reference calendar
* Page index to help re-locate your notes
* Stapled binding covered with grey cloth binding tape
* To add a gift box to your order, please click through to this listing:
* * * * *
COLOUR OPTIONS (select from drop-down list):
**Please note, some options may not be possible, depending on available stamps when particular countries are also specified. If this is the case, I will contact you following purchase to explore alternative options. Please convo me at any time if you would like to clarify what is possible.
1. Random - an eclectic mix of colours, with no particular focus: recommended option if you want stamps all from one country
2. Rainbow - a blend progressing through the full spectrum of colours, from red through to purple
3. Custom combination - leave a note at checkout specifying 2 colours from: red, orange, brown, moss, green, turquoise, blue, purple, heather/magenta.
4. Any combination specified in the drop-down list - will be collaged with 1st colour at top of cover, blending down into the 2nd colour at bottom.
* * * * *
REGIONAL OPTIONS (select from drop-down list):
**Please leave a note at checkout with your choice as listed within the following options. The price increases depending upon which & how many different countries you would like included in the collage, due to additional sorting (& sometimes sourcing) required.
1. World mix - no restrictions, may include stamps from any country around the world, in any combination
2. World mix + 1 - as above, but you may specify a single country you would especially like to be included. I will make sure a handful (5-10) from your specified country are scattered throughout the collage.
3. By continent - please specify 1 choice from: Africa, Europe, Asia, North America, South America, and Australasia. A mix of stamps will be used from your chosen continent, but may not include every country in the region. See below if you want to be certain of a particular country's inclusion.
4. By continent + 1 - please specify 1 choice from: Africa, Europe, Asia, North America, South America, and Australasia. You may also specify a single additional country you would especially like to be included (either from within the specified continent or from any other region). I will make sure a handful (5-10) from your specified country are scattered throughout the collage.
5. Up to 5 countries - please specify 2, 3, 4, or 5 countries, from any region. The mix of stamps used from each country will be as even as possible, but will vary depending upon availability.
6. 1 country only - please specify your chosen country. Specific colour options may not be available with this regional choice, but I will let you know if your request is not possible.
* * * * *
The postage stamps used will date from a wide range of periods, from the early 20th century up to the 1970s (or thereabouts). Still bearing fragments of postmarks and other cancellation marks as a testament to their former active service for worldwide postal services, they provide a real sense of history.
Every collage in the First Class series evolves from a very organic process: each postage stamp used is very carefully selected for colour and size to fit the random spaces and subtle colour progressions of your collage, creating an unrepeatable artwork, just for you. The stamps are glued into place with an acid-free, xylene-free adhesive then coated with a matt sealant, preserving some genuine fragments of postal history alongside your own first class ideas.
* * * * *
Simply packaged in a plain cellophane packet, this is a customised, high quality notebook with textured kraft cardstock cover, secure binding, and grey binding tape covering the outer spine. Inside are 48 recycled paper pages.
The notebook is A5 size - a little wider than a Moleskine medium cahier, the slim size is ideal for tucking into a pocket or throwing into a bag/purse for notes-on-the-go.
The inner front of each notebook is blank except for a space which will be signed by the artist & hand-stamped with the date of collage. There is also space for the notebook owner to provide contact details in case it is lost/found.
The inner back of each notebook is printed with a handy any-year reference calendar, plus a numbered page index. Spend a few moments numbering your notebook pages, cross-reference your notes in index as you go, and never lose your notes again!
* * * * *
FURTHER OPTIONS & CUSTOMISATION
Don't want to wait for a custom collage? I have many one-of-a-kind notebooks available to buy 'off-the-shelf' – please browse my shop to see if anything catches your eye:
Custom collage notebooks are available with ruled, dot grid, graph and plain pages, or printed journal layouts, in A6 (pocket) or A5 (medium) sizes - which would you like? https://www.tanglecrafts.com/shop/18745649/custom-collage-notebooks
Additionally, you can upgrade any journal yourself with a TangleCrafts notebook insert (eg pockets, index tabs, bookmarks, calendars), available separately here: https://www.tanglecrafts.com/shop/6386953/inserts-accessories
7-10 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 0 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you will provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a personalised order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I will only use the information you provide as required to complete your order, or to provide customer support should the future need arise.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
I will only share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases, as described below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Su Mwamba, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at tanglecraftshq
[AT] gmail.com. Alternatively, you may send written correspondence to me at: PO Box 130, Derby DE23 6HL, UK.
Custom orders & commissions are very welcome! Simply click on the 'Request Custom Order' button or 'Contact Shop Owner' on the shop homepage, to discuss your requirements.
Choose your favourite colours, a different size, and/or stamps from a particular region. I can also add a custom date 'postmark' and/or a hand-stamped, personalised message (additional fees may apply to some customisation options).
Notebooks are available in sizes from A6 to B5, and framed artwork (with or without matting) from A6 to A1. Prices & shipping vary according to dimensions and weight.
PLEASE NOTE items customised with specific personalisation (therefore not re-saleable) do not qualify for return unless damaged.
Wholesale prices are available for volume orders.
Discounts vary by item & minimum order quantities apply.
One-off print-runs of printed designs can be arranged upon request.
For a quote, please contact me with your requirements.
Please see individual listings for stated despatch times, or contact me for a quote if requesting a larger custom order. You will always be contacted in the case of any unforeseen delay in despatch of your order.
As a general guide to processing times:
- ready-to-ship items will be despatched within 3 days
- smaller custom orders within 5-7 working days
- larger custom orders will be proportionally longer
I aim to despatch all orders promptly, but please order in plenty of time if you require something for a specific date. If you are outside of the UK, please err on the side of caution and allow at least a month in addition to processing times listed per item.
Unless an upgrade is purchased at checkout, your order will be delivered by:
- 1st class post within the UK (usually 1-2 working days)
- Standard Airmail to any overseas destination (usually 7-14 working days)
Please note, delivery times can be longer at certain times of year (eg Christmas) when general volumes of post are higher.
Unfortunately there can occasionally be unforeseen delays within the various postal services, at any time of year. This is the exception rather than the rule, but please do allow up to a month for overseas delivery, before assuming lost.
Please contact me if you are worried about your delivery.
Please note, tracking is NOT included as standard with any order, due to the services offered by the Royal Mail. Proof of Posting is obtained for all items shipped.
For extra peace of mind, a shipping upgrade is available at checkout on most items, for an additional fee.
- Within UK, upgrade option is 1st class Signed-For delivery, which requires signature on delivery, but does not include tracking. Special Delivery (including tracking) can be arranged upon request, but will be subject to an additional £5 charge.
- Outside UK, upgrade option is Tracked & Signed delivery, which includes both tracking and signature on delivery. Tracked-only (signature not required) can be arranged upon request, for the same delivery upgrade cost.
Please contact me if you have not received your order within the expected timeframe (see above). I will be happy to either send a replacement or refund item costs, as necessary.
If your order has arrived but has been damaged in transit, please contact me as soon as you can to explain what has happened. I will request a photo of the damaged item, then each case will be assessed individually. Either a replacement item or partial refund or full refund will be issued, depending upon circumstances and extent of damage.
Please accept my apologies for any errors in item listing! Please contact me with the details as soon as possible following receipt. I may request a photo to confirm where the issue lies.
If an item has been incorrectly described, I will reimburse return postage and issue a full refund of original purchase price upon receipt of the returned item.
If an incorrect item has been sent in error, I will reimburse return postage and send replacement item upon receipt of the returned item.
Items must be returned within 30 days, in original, re-saleable condition, to qualify for refund or exchange.
If you are simply not happy with your order, for any reason, please contact me before taking any further action. Items may be returned within 30 days, as long as you have first contacted me.
Return postage cost is responsibility of buyer. I will issue a full refund of original purchase cost, upon receipt of the returned item. Items must be returned in original, re-saleable condition to qualify for refund.
PLEASE NOTE made-to-order items may still be returned, but items customised with specific personalisation (therefore not re-saleable) do not qualify for return unless damaged.
Apr 15, 2017